It's YOU! Hello! Nice to see you! Here you will find stuff about living a creative life in country Australia. I create with watercolour, pen, collage, mixed media and photos. I teach, hosts workshops, collect, dream. I love cheese, travel, my garden, faffing, colour and whimsy. I am crap at time management, and do way too many things, but it is all good. Oh yes, all pictures and photos on here by me too, just saying.

Saturday 15 March 2014

RAIN, I LOVE YOU



                  9 Raindrops, watercolour, silver thread sewn collage 2013

RAIN, I LOVE YOU

Nothing beats it, the sound of that rain my 100 year old tin roof. The grey skies, all moody and atmospheric. The smell of wet and damp, with me and mine inside, warm and dry. Droplets on the window, jumping about with a life of their own. Under the doona, snug and ohhh so toasty..when its cold...or cool and reviving when it is hot. 
It makes my pulse race and my heart fill. I do not know why. Was I born in a rainstorm? Conceived in one?

I know it can be destructive. I know the sweetness of rain can become malevolent. But...just as some love the sun and the heat...for me it is rain.

          Raindrops watercolour, sewn collage 2013

It even makes me get creative...the old tight in the gut fizzy tingles of GOTTA MAKE.And my main squeeze would say I am also much more  ...wink wink, nudge nudge, "affectionate"...when it rains.
Whatever. 
It is grey today. A few spits and splutters of rain. Grey skies.


    Small Cloud, watercolour and sewn work, 2013

So come on now...come on rain. Make my day, break it on down now, pour forth and make my plants grow, make puddles and rivulets in the pathways, and the washing go damp.You know you want to...just so I can say...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want comment? Go ahead!